Cisco Training Implementing Data Center Unified Computing VILT
Cisco Training Implementing Data Center Unified Computing VILT Course Summary
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) is designed to serve the needs of engineers who implement Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers.
- Install Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosures in the data center.
- Use Cisco Integrated Management Controller to provision LAN and SAN connectivity for the C-Series server.
- Use the LSI MegaRAID web user interface to provision local hard drives into a RAID 5 array.
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series.
- Maintain Cisco UCS in a high-availability configuration Implement generation 1 and generation 2 connectivity.
- Implement LAN & SAN connectivity for Cisco UCS B-Series hardware.
- Provision VLANs and fabric interconnect uplinks for server connectivity to the Layer 3 data center cloud.
- Provision VSANs and fabric interconnect Fibre Channel uplinks for server connectivity to the data center storage cloud.
- Provision service profiles with initial and updating templates Implement virtualization features.
- Provision Cisco VM-FEX
- Understanding of server system design and architecture Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP / IP networking Familiarity with SANs Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP)
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
Attendance of the following Cisco learning offerings is recommended to fully benefit from this course:
- Configuring Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCS)
- Course Introduction
- Implement Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Manage the Cisco UCS B-Series
- Implement Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Provision Cisco UCS Compute Resources
- Implementing Cisco UCS Server Virtualization Features
Duration (in days)