Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Site User VILT
Call 260-432-9077 for Pricing Details
Duration: 1.00 day
In more professional environments today, people work collaboratively in teams. Information technology and applications facilitate this by allowing people to easily share, access, edit, and save information. Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 is a platform specifically designed to facilitate collaboration, allowing people to use familiar applications and Web based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. In this course, you will learn about and use a SharePoint Team Site to access, store, and share information and documents.
SharePoint is a complex platform with many features and capabilities. A strong understanding of those features and capabilities will allow you to work more efficiently and effectively with SharePoint, and with the documents and data stored in SharePoint. Furthermore, effective use of new social networking capabilities will allow you to identify, track and advance issues and topic most important to you, and collaborate with colleagues more effectively.
To ensure your success in your course you should be have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, and any or all of the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 suite components, plus basic competence with Internet browsing.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office users who are transitioning to a SharePoint environment, who will need to access information and collaborate with team members on a Microsoft SharePoint team site.
Upon successful completion of this course, knowledge workers in a variety of business environments will be able to effectively utilize resources on a typical SharePoint Foundation team site in the course of performing normal business tasks. They will:
- Access and navigate SharePoint content.
- Add, upload, modify, search for, and preview documents in document libraries.
- Add and modify items in lists, configure list views, and filter and group lists.
- Create and update your profile; tag, share, and follow content on your personal sites; and create and manage a personal blog.
- Access, create, save, and manage document versions and synchronize data with Microsoft Office applications.
- Synchronize SharePoint data, work offline, and access data from a mobile device.
Lesson 1: Accessing and Navigating SharePoint Team Sites
- Topic A: Access SharePoint Sites
- Topic B: Navigate SharePoint Sites
Lesson 2: Working with Documents, Content, and Libraries
- Topic A: Upload Documents
- Topic B: Search for Documents and Files
Lesson 3: Working with Lists
- Topic A: Add List Items
- Topic B: Modify List Items
- Topic C: Configure List Views
- Topic D: Filtering and Grouping with List Views
Lesson 4: Configuring Your SharePoint Profile
- Topic A: Update and Share Your Profile Information
- Topic B: Share and Follow SharePoint Content
- Topic C: Creating a Blog
Lesson 5: Integrating with Microsoft Office
- Topic A: Access and Save SharePoint Documents with Microsoft Office
- Topic B: Manage Document Versions through Office 2013
- Topic C: Accessing SharePoint Data from Outlook 2013
Lesson 6: Working Offline and Remotely with SharePoint
- Topic A: Synchronize Libraries, Sites, and MySite and Working Offline
- Topic B: Working from a Mobile Device