Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Level 2 VILT
Duration: 2 days Virtual
Call 260-432-9077 for Pricing Details
You will manage site collections and site components as a site collection administrator and as a site administrator.
This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, functional or operations managers, with basic SharePoint skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech professionals.
The following Element K course or equivalent experience is required:
Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010: Level 1
Some familiarity with basic Windows server concepts such as Windows 2003 and Windows 2003 concepts, PowerShell, basic concepts of coding and scripting, and Internet Information Server (IIS) is recommended but not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- brand a site collection.
- manage lists in a site collection.
- manage document libraries.
- manage form libraries in a site collection.
- manage content structures in a site collection.
- manage a workflow.
- manage indexing and searching options.
- enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- manage user access.
- manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- manage site usage.
- perform site maintenance.
Lesson 1: Branding a Site Collection Topic
- 1A: Describe the SharePoint Site Hierarchy Topic
- 1B: Create a Custom Look and Feel for a Site Collection Topic
- 1C: Create a Custom Site Layout
Lesson 2: Managing Lists Topic
- 2A: Perform Calculations on List Data Topic
- 2B: Create Custom Lists Topic 2C: Customize List Settings
Lesson 3: Managing Libraries Topic
- 3A: Perform Advanced Operations on a Library Topic
- 3B: Create a Library Template
Lesson 4: Managing Form Libraries Topic
- 4A: Create a Form Library Topic
- 4B: Customize a Form Template Using InfoPath
Lesson 5: Managing Content Structures Topic
- 5A: Create a Content Type Topic
- 5B: Apply Content Types
Lesson 6: Managing Workflows Topic
- 6A: Add a Default Workflow Topic
- 6B: Create a Custom Workflow
Lesson 7: Working with Indexing and Searching Topic
- 7A: Index Content Topic
- 7B: Enable Search Options
Lesson 8: Working Offline Using SharePoint Workspace 2010 Topic
- 8A: Synchronize a SharePoint Site on the Local Computer Topic
- 8B: Perform Offline Operations on a SharePoint Site
Lesson 9: Managing SharePoint Applications Using Central Administration Topic
- 9A: Create a Site Collection
- 9B: Administer a Site Collection Topic
- 9C: Administer a Web Application
Lesson 10: Managing User Access Topic
- 10A: Manage Permissions Topic
- 10B: Describe Authentication Modes
Lesson 11: Managing Site Security Topic
- 11A: Set Web Part Security Topic
- 11B: Set Antivirus Options Topic
- 11C: Manage Blocked File Types
Lesson 12: Managing Site Usage Topic
- 12A: Set Site Collection Quotas and Locks Topic
- 12B: Monitor Site Usage
Lesson 13: Managing Site Maintenance Topic
- 13A: Recover Lost Information Topic
- 13B: Perform a Granular Backup Topic
- 13C: Restore a Granular Backup Topic
- 13D: Perform a Farm Backup Topic
- 13E: Restore a Farm Backup Appendix A: Accessibility Features