Microsoft Visio 2010 Fundamentals VILT
Class Type: Virtual Instructor Led
This Live Online course will cover fundamental skills while also teaching how to create several types of diagrams using Microsoft Office Visio Professional. Students will learn to create a directional map, a block diagram, a basic and a cross- functional flowchart, an organization chart, and an office layout. As students create these drawings, they will learn techniques to drag and manipulate Visio master shapes, create connections between shapes, and apply styles to shapes, text, and pages. They will generate an organization chart from imported data and edit custom properties to store additional information in your diagrams. Students will also learn shortcuts to enhance productivity and use unique tools designed for each type of drawing. When students completed the course, they will have a firm grasp of all of the skills needed to create any kind of diagram using Visio. We are only offering the fundamentals course at this time. Once students understand the style of the program, they will be able to continue the learning process on their own.
- Overview / Interface – Templates, Tools Group (6 Most Used), Shapes Group, Stencil Overview, Zooming, Palette Actions, Shapes Window, Shape Data, Pan & Zoom, Size & Position, Ruler, Grid, Glue, Guide, and Connection Point.
- Drawing Commands – Pointer Tool, 1D, 2D, 3D shapes, Drawing toolbar, Control Handles and Corner rounding.
- Arrangement Manipulation Tools – Grouping, Shape Alignment, Shape Distribution, Rotate, Stacking Order, Flip Shape, Copy Object, Duplicate Object, Repeat Copy, Stamp, Arrow Key, and Shift/Arrow.
- Format Shapes – Shadow Fill styles, Transparency, Fills, Fill patterns, and Autoconnect.
- Line Tools – Line Styles, Line Style Options, Arrow Heads, Connectors, Placement, Dynamic Connectors, Connection tool, Callouts, and Containers.
- Text Formatting – Text Block tool, Text formatting, Text dialog box, Text alignment, Bullets, and Format Painter.
- Page Formatting – Page Setup, Background Layouts, Themes, Page Links, Page Types, Orientation, Page Numbers, New Page, and Add Background to New Page.
- Organizational Charts – Org Chart Ribbon, Executive, Manager, Horizontal, Vertical, Side by Side, Relay Out, Best Fit to Page, Change Spacing, Move Left/Up, Move Right/Down, Show/Hide, Subordinates, Change Position Type, Insert, Delete, Show/Hide Image, Display Options, Import, Export, Compare, and Drawing Tools.
- Designs to Develop – Conference Room Layout, Directional Map, Functional Charts, Process Flow Diagrams, Cross Functional Diagrams, Workflow diagrams, and Network Diagrams.
NO TEXTBOOK IS NEEDED FOR THIS COURSE.