Project 2010 Advanced Level 2 VILT
Project 2010 Advanced Level 2 VILT Course Summary
In this course you will manage and customize project plans during the implementation stage of a project.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project 2010, and who needs to use Microsoft Project 2010 to manage and customize those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- exchange project plan data with other applications.
- update a project plan.
- manage project costs.
- report project data visually.
- reuse project plan information.
Students enrolling in this class should have the ability to create and update project plans using Microsoft Project 2010. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following course:
- Microsoft® Project 2010: Level 1A general understanding of project management concepts is helpful, but is not required. To obtain this general understanding, you may choose to take the following course:
- Project Management FundamentalsKnowledge of other Microsoft Office 2010 applications would also be helpful, but is not required.
Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Topic 1A: Import Project Information
- Topic 1B: Export Project Plan Cost Data to an Excel Workbook
- Topic 1C: Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Information
Lesson 2: Updating a Project Plan
- Topic 2A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic 2B: Enter Overtime Work
- Topic 2C: Edit Tasks
- Topic 2D: Reschedule a Task
- Topic 2E: Filter Tasks
- Topic 2F: Set an Interim Plan
- Topic 2G: Create a Custom Table
- Topic 2H: Create a Custom Field
Lesson 3: Managing Project Costs
- Topic 3A: Update Cost Rate Tables
- Topic 3B: Group Costs
- Topic 3C: Link Documents to a Project Plan
Lesson 4: Reporting Project Data Visually
- Topic 4A: Create a Visual Report
- Topic 4B: Customize a Visual Report
- Topic 4C: Create a Visual Report Template
Lesson 5: Reusing Project Plan Information
- Topic 5A: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic 5B: Create a Custom View
- Topic 5C: Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Topic 5D: Share Resources
- Topic 5E: Create a Master Project
Appendix A: Synchronizing with SharePoint
Duration (in days)