Publisher 2010 Basic VILT
Publisher 2010 Basic VILT Course Summary
Publisher is used to create artwork for brochures, printing, or displays on the web. It is perfect for illustrations, pamphlets, and single page artwork. In the courseware, students will work with navigation tools to move around Publisher and review the screen layout. In addition, several features will be highlighted and covered in the courseware. For example, templates are an important part of Publisher, and the different types of design layouts will be reviewed. Furthermore, since text must be placed in text boxes, students will be shown how to link them into one thread. Also, students will be shown how page layouts and master page structures can be modified for all pages. In summary, all of the above features will be demonstrated in the course through several design projects ranging from single page fliers to Trifolds.
- Intro / Menu Overview – Title bar, Ribbon tabs, Ribbon, Status bar, Page Panel, Navigation, Document Window, Contextual Tabs, Mini Toolbar, Galleries, Live Preview, Backstage view, Guides, Quick Access, Ruler, Draw Text box and Undo/Redo.
- Templates – Brochures, Business Cards, Calendars, Greeting Cards, Labels, Newsletters, Postcards, Advertisements, Award Certificates, Banners, Business Forms, and Catalogs.
- Text Manipulation – Font Ribbon Group, Paragraph Ribbon Group, Text Styles, Format Text Box, Draw Text Box, Text Wrap, Hyphenation, Text Threading, Link text boxes, Select Entire Thread, Drop Cap, Special Character, Continuation Note, Text Box Columns and Story Editor.
- Object Placement – Margin, Table, Shapes, Picture Placeholder, Picture, Page Parts, Calendars, Borders & Accents, Advertisements, Object, Date & Time, Sample Color, and Alignment.
- Page Layout – Header, Footer, Page Number, Schemes, Background, Create Master Pages, Apply Master Page, Grid and Baseline Guides.
- Export and Design Checker – Export and Design Checker.
Duration (in days)