VMware vSphere Training Optimize and Scale 5.5 VILT
VMware vSphere Training Optimize and Scale 5.5 VILT Course Summary
This VILT course, for experienced VMware vSphere® personnel, teaches advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. The course is based on VMware® ESXi™ 5.5 and VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.5.
This course prepares the student for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Datacenter Administration [V5] certification (VCAP5-DCA). Completion of this course also satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
- Completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]
- VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.5]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
- Or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Experience working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Manage changes to the vSphere environment
- Optimize the performance of all vSphere components
- Troubleshoot operational faults and identify their root causes
- Use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell and VMware vSphere®
- Management Assistant to manage vSphere
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ to provision ESXi hosts
Note: About one-third of the VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.5] course content is repeated in this course. The scalability topics in VMware vSphere: Fast Track are repeated in this course.