Cisco Training Implementing Voice Communications and QoS 8.0 VILT
Cisco Training Implementing Voice Communications and QoS 8.0 VILT Course Summary
Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0 teaches learners about voice gateways, characteristics of VoIP call legs, dial plans and their implementation, basic implementation of IP phones in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment and essential information about gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Element. The course provides the learners with voice-related QoS mechanisms that are required in Cisco Unified Communications networks.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking including LANs, WANs,
and IP switching and routing.
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco IOS routers in IP environment at the CCNA level.
- Basic knowledge of traditional voice, converged voice, and data networks at the CCNA Voice level.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Voice Gateways
- VoIP Call Legs
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints Implementation
- Dial Plan Implementation
- Gatekeeper and Cisco Unified Border Element Implementation
- Quality of Service
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain what a voice gateway is, how it works, and describe its usage, components, and features.
- Describe the characteristics and configuration elements of VoIP call legs.
- Describe how to implement IP phones using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Describe the components of a dial plan and explain how to implement a dial plan on a Cisco Unified voice gateway.
- Explain what gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Elements are, how they work, and what features they support.
- Describe why QoS is needed, what functions it performs, and how it can be implemented in a Cisco Unified Communications network.
Duration (in days)