CompTIA Project + Project Management for IT Professionals
Duration: 5 days
With your IT experience, you want to successfully manage and deploy an IT project. In this course, you will acquire the skills necessary to plan and implement IT projects that will positively impact your organization.
You will initiate a project, develop a project charter, create a scope statement, create management plans, develop a Statement of Work, create a project schedule, manage project relationships, implement a project, and close a project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- initiate a project.
- create a Scope Statement.
- plan project strategy.
- create the project budget and schedule.
- manage project relationships.
- implement the project.
- close the project.
The target student is an IT professional who wants to gain the skills and knowledge required to successfully manage and deploy an IT project. This course will also prepare students for the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. Passing the exam is equivalent to possessing the knowledge and problem-solving skills of an individual with practical IT and project management experience of 2,000 hours.
Basic PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Lesson 1: Initiating a Project
- Topic 1A: Project Life Cycle
- Topic 1B: Create a Project Concept Definition Statement
- Topic 1C: Determine Feasibility
- Topic 1D: Create a Project Charter
- Lesson 2: Creating a Scope Statement
- Topic 2A: Determine Risk Impact
- Topic 2B: Determine Stakeholder Needs
- Topic 2C: Identify Resources
- Topic 2D: Estimate Cost
- Topic 2E: Estimate Time
- Topic 2F: Create a Scope Statement
- Lesson 3: Planning Project Strategy
- Topic 3A: Plan for Project Control
- Topic 3B: Create a Communications Plan
- Topic 3C: Create a Risk Management Plan
- Topic 3D: Create a Quality Management Plan
- Topic 3E: Create a Closeout Plan
- Topic 3F: Analyze Requirements
- Topic 3G: Create a Statement of Work
- Lesson 4: Creating the Project Budget and Schedule
- Topic 4A: Create the Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic 4B: Create a Budget
- Topic 4C: Create the Project Schedule
- Lesson 5: Managing Relationships
- Topic 5A: Manage Communication
- Topic 5B: Manage Stakeholders
- Topic 5C: Manage the Project Team
- Topic 5D: Manage External Relationships
- Lesson 6: Implementing the Project
- Topic 6A: Manage the Schedule
- Topic 6B: Manage the Budget
- Topic 6C: Manage Quality
- Topic 6D: Manage Change
- Topic 6E: Manage Risks and Issues
- Lesson 7: Closing the Project
- Topic 7A: Deliver the Final Product
- Topic 7B: Conduct a Debriefing
- Topic 7C: Create the Project Closure Report
- Topic 7D: Manage Administrative Closure
- Appendix A: Confidence in Estimating
- Appendix B: Estimating Techniques Flow Chart
- Appendix C: Time Estimates Flow Chart
- Appendix D: CompTIA Project+ Exam Objectives