In this course, a better understanding will be provided of the interface, calendar notification, and how to display different columns. Students will learn the skills needed to send email using special options such as delivery receipt, read receipt, voting, importance, sensitivity, delay delivery, and replies sent to multiple recipients. Also, receiving email options such as moving to folders automatically, quick steps, and rules will also be covered. Students will be shown how color coding in calendars can be used more efficiently along with ways to project calendar dates into the future. Students will also learn how contacts can be used to store information for remembering important people, as well as the integration of email, calendar and contacts that allow reminders to be set the remember specific events. The class will not demonstrate the Microsoft Exchange features, but it will document the capabilities. We will also review several less popular productivity features such as Tasks, Notes, and Journal.
- Interface and Navigation – Vertical tri-pane, Navigation pane, Major Modules, Shortcuts, Hide/Order of Major Modules, Favorites, E-mail Folders, InBox, Drafts, Send Items, OutBox, Open New Window, Outlook Today, Customize Outlook Today, View Layout, ToDo bar, View ribbon, Reading Pane, Autopreview, Instant Search, Change Views, Sort Fields, Remove Fields, Add Fields, Move Columns, and Font Size.
- Sending E-mail – New E-mail, Autocomplete, To, Manually Entering E-mails, Addresses Book, CC, BCC, Subject, Body, Sending a message, Manual Send/Receive, Group, Viewing Sent Messages, Reply, Reply All, Forward, Challenge Question, Attach Files (Paper Clip), Save All Attachments, Message Setting Importance, Sensitivity, Voting, Request Read Receipt, Request Delivery Receipt, Delivery – Have replies sent to, Delivery – Do not deliver before, Signature Changes, Selecting Default Signatures, Always Spell Check, and Save a Draft.
- Receiving E-mail – Message Window, Desktop Alert, Arrangement, Arrange by Conversation, Categories, Mark as Unread, Conditional Formatting, Create Folders, Move to Folder, Quick Steps, Saving a File Attachment, Flagging, Flagging with Reminder, Junk Mail, Block senders, Add Safe Sender, Create Rule, and Manage Rules.
- Contacts Pane – Create a Contact, New Contact, Create a Contact from E-mail address,
- Create a Contact Drag and Drop, Create Contact Double Click, Editing a Contact, Deleting a Contact, Adding a Contact’s Picture, Creating a Group, Expand Groups, Business Cards, View E-mail Business Card, Using the Index, Address cards View, Phone List View, E-mail as Outlook Contact, Sort by Company, Categorizing a Contact, Flagging a Contact for Follow up, Adding a Reminder to a Follow Up, Send e-mail within Contacts, Setup meeting with contact, Printing Contacts Information, and Contact Folders.
- Calendar Pane – Date Navigator, Today Button, Calendar Views, New Appointment, Appointment Window, New Meeting from E-mail, New Meeting, Reminders, Categorize, Autodate, Autodate, Mouse Drag, Scheduling all day Event, Reoccurring, Deleting Calendar Items, Moving Calendar Items, Move date, Create Secondary Calendar, Viewing Side by Side Calendars, Overlay Calendars, E-mailing your Calendar as a Snapshot, and Printing Calendar Information
- Tasks Pane – Tasks, Naming Tasks, Categories, Task Overload, Text area, Copy task, Assign a Task, Reply to a Task Request, Sending Task Update, Tracking Assigned Tasks, Working with the Daily Task List, Create task from E-mail, Reminder, Save and Close, Flagging E-mail, To- Do bar and Sort Category.
- Notes Pane – Notes, Color notes, Add a Note and Modify a Note.
- Journal Pane – Journal Entry, New Items, Arrangement Group, Current View, and Turn On Automatic Journal Entry.