HP Training Architecting FlexNetwork Solutions 14.21 VILT
HP Training Architecting FlexNetwork Solutions 14.21 VILT Course Summary
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to successfully architect and design complex enterprise level networks based on open networking industry standards. It covers both traditional network designs, as well as network designs that support cloud or converged environments which require flatter, simpler networks to support the bandwidth intensive, delay sensitive, server-to-server traffic flows.
The course teaches how to validate customer requirements and how to translate those requirements into a highly scalable, customized and secure network solution design. This includes switches, routers and wireless products, as well as server and storage network related components. The network will be future-ready, capable of IT innovations, including cloud services, security, OpenFlow and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) with integrated wired and wireless solutions for seamless access.
This course is approximately 60% case studies and 40% lecture and learning activities.
Three or more years experience designing and architecting complex enterprise level networks. For complete prerequisites and requirements to achieve any of the related certifications or upgrade paths, see the certification description on the HP ExpertOne website.
- Explain how open standards and the HP FlexNetwork architecture addresses modern networking’s
bandwidth-intensive, delay sensitive, mobility and BYOD demands
- Design a more simplified, flatter physical topology that can handle an enterprise’s traffic volume and
traffic patterns, including intensive server-to-server patterns anticipated for cloud and converged
- Design efficient routing and multicast routing solutions for various enterprise needs
- Describe best practices for designing solutions from the Physical Layer to the Network Layer, by
providing basic connectivity with some resiliency and good performance ensured by the proper
bandwidth provisioning and topology design.
- Explain how HP Virtual Connect (VC) modules help to simplify and optimize connections between servers
and the data center LAN and SAN
- Design secure, integrated wired and wireless network solutions for seamless mobile access
- Develop a plan for implementing an HP networking solution into either a greenfield or an existing
- Obtain the data and documentation required to understand a company’s general connectivity,
availability, security, and application requirements based on information provided by the company’s key
- Design data center solutions including network, server, and storage virtualization and explain how
virtualization and cloud computing are changing the data center environment
Duration (in days)