Excel for Office 365 Part 1
Microsoft Excel for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1
Excel can help you organize, calculate, analyze, revise, update, and present your data in ways that will help the decision makers in your organization steer you in the right direction. It will also make these tasks much easier for you to accomplish, and in much less time, than if you used traditional pen-and-paper methods or non-specialized software. This course aims to provide you with a foundation for Excel knowledge and skills, which you can build upon to eventually become an expert in data manipulation.
Note: Most Office 365™ users perform the majority of their daily tasks using the desktop version of the Office software, so that is the focus of this training. The course material will also enable you to access and effectively utilize many web-based resources provided with your Office 365 subscription. This includes brief coverage of key skills for using Excel for the Web and OneDrive. Helpful notes throughout the material alert you to cases where the online version of the application may function differently from the primary, desktop version.
This course is the first part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Excel.
– Microsoft Excel for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1 (this course)
– Microsoft Excel for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 2
– Microsoft Excel for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 3
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-200 and Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-201.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create and develop Excel worksheets and workbooks in order to work with and analyze the data that is critical to the success of your organization.
– Get started with Microsoft Excel
– Perform calculations
– Modify a worksheet
– Format a worksheet
– Print workbooks
– Manage workbooks
This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Excel that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.
To ensure success, students will need to be familiar with using personal computers and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should also be comfortable working in the Windows® 10 environment and be able to use Windows 10 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. To obtain this level of skill and knowledge, you can take either one of the following Logical Operations courses:
Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic A: Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Topic B: Use Excel Commands
- Topic C: Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Topic D: Navigate in Excel for the Web
- Topic E: Enter Cell Data
- Topic F: Use Excel Help
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Topic A: Create Worksheet Formulas
- Topic B: Insert Functions
- Topic C: Reuse Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic A: Insert, Delete, and Adjust Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Topic B: Search for and Replace Data
- Topic C: Use Proofing and Research Tools
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Topic A: Apply Text Formats
- Topic B: Apply Number Formats
- Topic C: Align Cell Contents
- Topic D: Apply Colors, Borders, and Styles
- Topic E: Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Topic F: Create and Use Templates
Lesson 5: Printing Workbooks
- Topic A: Preview and Print a Workbook
- Topic B: Set Up the Page Layout
- Topic C: Configure Headers and Footers
Lesson 6: Managing Workbooks
- Topic A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic B: Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Topic C: Manage Workbook Properties
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-200
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-201
Appendix C: Microsoft® Excel® Common Keyboard Shortcuts
Appendix D: Adding Themes and Backgrounds to Worksheets
Appendix E: Basic Excel Customization